This document was last revised on the 15th December, 2021.
Please read the document carefully before using Our Service.
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
For the purposes of this document:
- "Country" - refers to Sweden.
- "Company" (collectively "JoinByte", "Company", "We", "Us," or "Our") - refers to JoinByte.
- "Service" (or "Services") - refers to websites, website applications, forums, game servers, and online services provided by the Company.
- "Third-Party Services" - refers to any applications, integrations, software, code, application programming interfaces (API's), services, systems, and other products, not owned by JoinByte.
- "User" (or "You", "Your") - the individual accessing or using the Service.
- "Customer" - a user who buys Digital Goods from Our Services.
- "Aggregate Data" (or "Anonymous Data") - data generated by aggregating User data with other data so that results are non-personally identifiable with respect to Customer or its Visitors; and (ii) learnings, logs, and data regarding use of the Our Service.
- "Staff Tools" (or "Staff Permissions") - refers to restricted portions or features of Our Services which grant its users access to perform controlled administrative operations that can affect the state of users across Our Services.
- "Authorized Staff" (or "Managers", "Developers", "Administrators", "Moderators") - the Company's employees or volunteers who may have restricted access to Staff Tools.
- "Personally Identifiable Information" (or "PII") - User information that can be used to uniquely identify You, such as Your in-game username, Steam ID, legal name, address, email, IP address, phone number, and payment information.
- "Device Identifiable Information" (or "DII") - device information that can be used to uniquely identify You or your device(s).
This Policy explains the data practices of the Company, what personal information we collect, process and store. This Policy also tells You about Your rights and choices with respect to Your personal information.
The Policy covers Our Services, by using Our Services, You are consenting to this Policy and the processing of Your data in the manner provided in this Policy. If You do not agree with the following terms, do not use our Services.
We may collect information about the Services You use and how You use them. We collect PII, DII, and log information about Your interactions as described below.
The Services may collect PII when it is provided to us, such as when You use our Services, attempt to contact us, submit a resume or staff application, or connect with us on social media or one of our partners. For example, You may see a "Log in with…" button, which means we request PII from a partner to streamline the login process. You will likely be presented with a "request for permission" screen by a third party asking to share Your ID, profile picture, and other listed information with us.
We may also create or collect DII.
Our Services also collect information about Your interactions, including navigation paths, search queries, crashes, timestamps, purchases, clicks, shares, and referral URLs. We may combine this data with PII and DII. We may also partner with third parties that collect additional information – please view their respective privacy policies for more details and see below for available options and choices regarding these parties.
Collected Information Usage
We use the information we collect from our Services to provide, maintain, protect and improve our Services, to develop new Services and offerings, and to protect us and our Users.
PII is primarily used for business purposes, such as using such information to protect us from payment disputes and/or chargebacks, enforcement of our Terms of Service, for sending You occasional newsletters and updates, hiring, responding to inquiries, logins, and providing Services. When You contact us, we may keep a record of Your communication as well as the other information to help solve any issues You might be facing. We may use Your email address to inform You about our Services, such as letting You know about changes or improvements. Please keep in mind that comments sections, forums, and other similar areas of our Services are public. Any information posted in those areas is viewable and usable by anyone that has access.
We share PII with companies, outside organizations, and individuals for limited reasons, outlined below:
- With Your consent - We will share PII with companies, outside organizations or individuals if we have Your consent to do so.
- For legal reasons - We will share PII with companies, outside organizations or individuals if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues or protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our Users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- In case of a sale or asset transfer - If we become involved in a merger, acquisition or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of our assets, User information, including PII collected from You through Your use of our Services, could be included in the transferred assets. Should such an event occur, we will use reasonable means to notify You, either through email and/or a prominent notice on the Services.
- In aggregated form for business purposes - We may share Aggregated Data and DII with our partners such as businesses we have a relationship with, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information to show trends about the general use of our Services.
We use DII to operate our Services and manage User sessions, including analyzing usage of our Services, preventing malicious behavior and fraud, improving the content, to link Your identity across devices and browsers in order to provide You with a more seamless experience online, and helping third parties provide relevant advertising and related metrics. We share DII with third parties primarily for advertising and analytics purposes, for external processing, and for security purposes.
While we strive to work with reputable companies with good privacy practices, this Policy does not apply to services offered by other companies or individuals, including products or sites that may be displayed to You on the Services. We also do not control the privacy policies and Your privacy settings on third-party sites, including social networks. For further information, please see the relevant privacy policies for each third party and industry codes of conduct.
Accessing and updating Your information
We aim to provide You with a reasonable opportunity to access, update, and delete to Your PII. In some cases, we may have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating Your information, we may ask You to verify Your identity before we can act on Your request.
We work arduously to protect our Users from any unauthorized access to our Services or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold throughout our Services and undertake reasonable security measures with appropriate confidentiality, integrity, and availability protections. This does not act as a guarantee to the security of Your information associated with our Services or any other service for that matter. No software or storage system is 100% secure and impenetrable to potential breaches.
The security of Your personal account across our Services falls in the responsibility of the said User, You can help protect Your account information by using uniquely generated passwords and 2-Factor-Authentication (2FA) services.
Children Under 13
We do not knowingly collect information for any child under the age of 13. If You are the parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and have a concern regarding Your child's information on our Services, please contact us at the email provided at the end of this Policy.
The laws of the Country, excluding its conflicts of law rules, shall govern this Terms and Your use of the Service. Your use of the Application may also be subject to other local, state, national, or international laws.
If You have any concern or dispute about the Service, You agree to first try to resolve the dispute informally by contacting the Company.
If any provision of these Terms is held to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision will be changed and interpreted to accomplish the objectives of such provision to the greatest extent possible under applicable law and the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect.
Except as provided herein, the failure to exercise a right or to require performance of an obligation under these Terms shall not affect a party's ability to exercise such right or require such performance at any time thereafter nor shall the waiver of a breach constitute a waiver of any subsequent breach.
We reserve the right, at Our sole discretion, to modify, amend, or replace this document at any time. If a revision is material We will make reasonable efforts to provide Notice prior to any new terms taking effect.
Check back periodically to keep up to date with the latest revision of this document.
By continuing to access or use Our Service after those revisions become effective, You agree to be bound by the revised terms. If You do not agree to the new terms, in whole or in part, please stop using the Service.
If You have any questions or queries, You can contact us: